Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dude! I'm Not Particularly Happy About my Mom Hijacking my Trip!

So, I wouldn't say that my mother and I have a complicated relationship. I would say my relationship with my mother is complicated. My mother is happily oblivious to the fact that the world really doesn't revolve around her, and that her actions are in fact very offensive at times. I am grumpily not oblivious to these lovely facts. I try to let it roll off my back, and I do love her dearly, but sometimes you just gotta get it out.

My wonderful, sweet, hilarious, beautiful big sister bought me a plane ticket last week so that I could fly to Colorado & visit her, my bro-in-law, and my beautiful niece. I am so eternally grateful, and can't wait to see them tomorrow. But, dude! I'm not particularly happy about my mom hijacking my trip!

Sissy called my mom solely out of excitement to tell her that we'd be visiting with each other for the 1st time in 6 months, and the first words out of Mom's mouth are, "Great! I'll see if I can get your father a plane ticket up from New Mexico that weekend!" And here my sister is just like "Uhhhh....OK." My sister paid nearly $500 for my ticket so that I could be there Friday, Saturday & part of Sunday. Not exactly a long trip. My sister is a school counselor, her husband doesn't make a great salary either. My mom? Over six figures. She could fly to Memphis to see me, or spend her own damn money and buy me a ticket, but instead she hijacks my two day long trip for herself.

Don't get me wrong. I am very happy to see my parents for the first time since December 2008, but really? Did it have to be the one weekend I am going to get to see my sister & niece? I haven't seen that cute little baby in 6 months. I'd like to spend some quality time. Instead, I get 1 day of uninterrupted time with them.

I have a few more Mommy Blogs ready to go, but I'll disperse them at different times; I don't want to overload y'all.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds exactly like something my mom would do. the first time my brother came to visit me we kind of just planned it together and she acted jealous of it the whole time.. im surprised she didnt wind up coming too.

    ReplyDelete