Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Episode Where Things Fall into a Million Pieces

I am at a loss.

As some of you know, Boyfriend's dad died in early April. Tuesday morning his grandmother passed away while clutching the urn filled with her son's ashes. The burial of those ashes was scheduled for this Sunday. So now Boyfriend will bury his father & grandmother on the same day. This morning his grandfather suffered a severe stroke and is looking like he may not make it.

The right words are hard to find. What do I say? What do I do to ease his pain? I will be traveling to New York with him for the burials, but it doesn't seem like enough. There is too much sadness, too much death, too much loss. My arms can't encircle him enough times; they aren't that long. I'm so sad for him & his family, but I'm so angry, too. Why would God deem it fit to heap all of this pain on a family at once? Why, after the childhood he endured and his struggle to become the wonderful man he is today would God do this? I'm going to be a 5 year old about this. It's just not fair.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I missed this post and so I'm a little late in commenting, but I am SO SORRY for y'all. It is so hard to go through one death, but two and maybe three? Unspeakably hard! How is grandpa doing now?

    ReplyDelete