Friday, April 17, 2009

"Gee, this thing smells like a syrupy-gross bunch of fruit mixed together, let's name it Fruit Explosion!"

This morning, I'm washing my hands in the communal bathroom, and what do I notice on the sink? A spray can of air freshener. Now seeing an air freshener in a communal bathroom is nothing to note in of itself, but when it's name is "Fruit Explosion" it's definitely something to note.

I pose this question to you: Who in their right mind names an air freshener Fruit Explosion? Who was the total genius in the Air Freshener Naming Department who thought; "Gee, this thing smells like a syrupy-gross bunch of fruit mixed together, let's name it Fruit Explosion!"How in the hell did the name get past test-marketing; or did they think the name was so awesome they didn't need to do any market research?

And then there's the fact that I just can't help but think of another kind of fruit explosion, because my mind works in gross ways like that. We all know that spray cans of air freshener usually end up in bathrooms, which just makes the name doubly icky. Really folks, who hasn't eaten a bit too much summer fruit & had an explosion? Next time you do, reach for some Fruit Explosion fragrance spray to make it all better.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAH this cracked me up. I have ALWAYS said that air fresheners like that do NOTHING. Because if you smell it you know what someone has been doing in there anyway! And it all just mixes together grossly.... hahahaha

    ReplyDelete